What I've seen
I've been several days looking and trying to build a little program for RPi3, which aims to use RF24 through SPI.
After research, I've found the following libraries, tried to use them all, and no one worked fine, I've always obtained an error. I've even opened a post here looking for a solution for one of them, but nobody appears to know how to do it, nor I've been able to solve it myself.
- TMRh20 (post trying to make it work, made in C++) (this one also has a python wrapper, I've installed it, currently trying to create a little program to try if it works)
- pynrf24 (python port) (obtained an error saying channel must be an
int, in a GPIO library, used by this library, can't debug it all)
- nRF24 (TMRh20 fork if I'm not mistaken, bit more updated) (got an error on execution time)
Notice, that I've been trying at least one day per library solving problems, like dependencies, spidev names inside the code that doesn't match with the RPi names, etc.
This one I've not tried yet:
- ChienDesEnfers/RF24 (another TMRh20 fork, this one has far more changes)
All of this libraries have been used or developed for RPi 1, 1B, 2, etc. But no one seems to have been tested or be prepared to be used with RPi3.
Aside from the pins change, which anyone can perform by just looking to the RPi3 GPIO name,
- should there be any other kind of thing to change to make this libraries work?
- Do you know any of these libraries (or another one I've not listed here) to work with RPi3?