From previous experience I've discovered there are quite a few different types of micro-USB connectors.

Here are three main ones:

USB connectors

I'm pretty sure it's not the middle one; and I think it's the left one, but better safe than sorry.

So is it the one I suspect?

  • @PeterMortensen done
    – ACarter
    Jun 20, 2015 at 17:18

1 Answer 1


Yes, it is the left hand one.

The right hand one is a mini-USB (rather than micro) and the centre one appears to be somewhat non-standard.

  • 4
    Correct; the connector in the middle is one used for digital cameras and other stuff. The one on the left is the only one that should ever be called "micro USB". In fact, that image you provided is a cropped version of the Wikipedia image of USB connector comparisons @ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Usb_connectors.JPG -- and the middle one is listed as "UC-E6 proprietary (not USB)", which is proprietary to Nikon.
    – Doktor J
    Jul 31, 2012 at 19:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.