I'm done flashing and trying it on both Jessie and the latest stretch version of Raspbian.
Also, I am well aware that after 2016 releases, we need to add a SSH empty file in root directory. Still, it's not working.
I did following:
- Flashed raspbian on Sd card using Etcher.
- Add Empty SSH file( i have taken care of .txt extension).
- Assigned IP address to my ethernet connected pi(also tried autoconfiguration mode or auto assign by windows)
- Also checked through angryip and scanip scanners in range
- Tried logging in through ssh through putty.
---- No success :(
I' also tried using an external DHCP server from http://www.dhcpserver.de/cms/
No success. Spent almost continuous 10 hrs, & I don't have a monitor/screen. Went through common threads and pages...