I saw on the board that there were two things that looked like a processor. I know that the bigger one is the processor but what is the smaller one? I don't remember what is written on it but I hope someone can include it in their answer.

| improve this question | | | | |

Not sure what you are asking about but here is the low level breakdown of what is on the Pi.

enter image description here

And here is the descriptive layout

enter image description here

You can find out more about the Raspberry Pi on Wikipeda and searching the internet using your favourite search engine.

| improve this answer | | | | |
  • 2
    I think he is referring to the Ethernet controller. – Banford Jul 12 '13 at 16:12
  • 4
    Which is actually a combination USB hub and ethernet adapter. – Craig Jul 12 '13 at 17:48

The chip you are referring to is the USB Hub adaptor which includes an intergrated enthernet adaptor.

The middle chip that you can see is actually the memory which is soldered on top of the CPU/GPU

| improve this answer | | | | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.