I have a Raspberry Pi 3 running raspbian-lite stretch(9.4) with updates installed. Sometimes when I have the following:
- Connected through serial (or via the on the lan IP address)
- ifconfig shows a correct address for wlan0,
- iwconfig shows it is connected to the wifi (power management is off)
So, when I try to ping to wlan0 ip the Pi it does not respond. Even if I search it on the access point, it appears not to be connected. However, at some point the Pi appears on the router and starts responding to the pings.
Any ideas where to look?
- Power issues
- Logs? (I have looked in /var/log/messages, dmesg)
- How can I get some more debugging info?