I recently bought a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. As I want Raspbian together with Retropie I thought it would be a good idea to have the BerryBoot-bootloader in order to boot multiple operating systems. I thought about NOOBS also, but this doesn't seem work well with RetroPie.
So I followed these instructions to load BerryBoot, but when I plug the Pi's power-supply it keeps showing the rainbow-screen:
- format SD-card as of https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/sdxc_formatting.md using SD-formatter first and guiformat.exe afterwards
- unzip the BerryBoot-file into the freshly formatted cards root-directory
- plug keyboard, LAN-cable and HDMI-cable into PI
- plug powersupply
This is my setup:
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ 1,4 GHz 64Bit Quad Core
- Samsung microSDXC EVO 64GB, UHS-I/Class 10
- official 5,1V/2,5A power-supply for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B white
- BerryBoot from SourceFourge
I'm not sure if this is related to the question, but there's also a small lightning-icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Also the Pi's red LED blinks four times long followed by four times short.
I'm beginner on Pi, so I'm not sure which of those information belongs together or should go to different topics.