Problem: External WiFi connect to Access point but does respond, static configuration does not work also, dhcp is OK
- OS: Raspbian installated by NOOBS - only necessary things installated
- WiFi: external USB: RT5370 (Ralink)
- I followed this tutorial: http://pingbin.com/2012/12/setup-wifi-raspberry-pi/
- I installated: firmware-ralink, wpasupplicant
- wpa_supplicant.conf is done by wpa_passphrase, so it should be OK
auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface eth0 inet dhcp allow-hotplug wlan0 auto wlan0 iface wlan0 inet dhcp wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
- I have also tried static configuration with no DHCP, but it does not work also
- I have also tryied adding this line to "interfaces" :
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev update_config=1
- I try that configuration with pings, because i don't have keyboard, nonetheless when I connect both ethernet and WiFI and restart the pi and connect wia SSH I see that both interfaces have their own IPs, I can connect wia SSH to both of them, BUT when I plug off the ethernet now also WiFi interface stops to respond on my signals - that strange!
- When I try to setup the configuration manually with no etc/network/interfaces - WiFI connects to AP with wpa_supplicant command but when i type: dhlient wlan0 i see only blank screen as it was waiting on something
- When I try to connect with VNC to try it graphically it says that i dont have any GUI :-(
- Blue led on WiFi is on with that /etc/network/interfaces, but as I typed - no respond to ping signals.
- I ping also other computer so, no problem with router I guess