I know this has been asked several times, but I went through a lot of trying to connect from my PC to my Raspberry Pi via SSH and I don't get it to work.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Working RetroPie 4.4 installation
- Windows-PC with Putty
What I want to do:
- Connect with Putty to my raspberry Pi over SSH
- Preferrably over wlan, but I tried both cabled and wlan
What I tried/did:
- Tried to connect with Putty (wlan) --> I got a connection refused error
- Enabled SSH with the raspi-config tool
- Tried to connect with Putty again -->
- Tried to ping the wlan-ip: success
- Tried to open a telnet session on port 22: success
- Tried tcpping on port 22: success
- Despite that: still the same error.
- Connected PC over a simple switch to the pi.
- Tried all of the above with the eth0 ip with same result as wlan.
I think I can be fairly sure that the SSH server is listening (ps -ef says so, too) and a connection could be established. I do not think it is a problem of putty as i see tons of people using it with their raspberrys. I do not think it is a wlan related problem as I get the same results on the wired connection.
Could anyone point me in a direction where the error might be located?
Thank a lot.