I am fairly new to command line and rPi, all previous experience has been desktop & web apps and have fallen at a major hurdle with my new Pi.
As the title suggests I am struggling to sftp into the rpi with the final intention of controlling GPIO via a web app. most importantly I can log into the pi successfully using SSH terminal for mac.
- Pi is connected to router via ethernet and I am running my laptop over wifi
- Pi has a static IP, this has been confirmed over router.
- Not sure if it was necessary at this stage but port forwarding has been setup on router.
- Ran pi updates/upgrades
- I have changed my password
- PasswordAuthentication yes in /etc/ssh/sshd_config
- connection via cyber duck gives this error: Interoperability failure: EOF while reading packet. Please contact your web hosting service provider for assistance.
- connection via filezilla gives me this error after previously saying connected: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server.
- SFTP connection via terminal: asks me for my password then instantly says connection closed.
- Disabling router firewall made no difference so i reenabled.
- I was following this tutorial if that helps: tutorial
I have spent the most part of today searching the internet and so far no solutions have fixed my problem.
Being new to command line I am struggling to really delve into the debugging stage and not totally sure what I should be looking for.
edit: I have ran the sftp in terminal with -v
debug1: Authentication succeeded (password). Authenticated to 192.168.0.42 ([192.168.0.42]:22). debug1: channel 0: new [client-session] debug1: Requesting [email protected] debug1: Entering interactive session. debug1: pledge: network debug1: Sending environment. debug1: Sending env LANG = en_GB.UTF-8 debug1: Sending subsystem: sftp debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0 debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype [email protected] reply 0 debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1 debug1: fd 0 clearing O_NONBLOCK Transferred: sent 2032, received 1680 bytes, in 0.0 seconds Bytes per second: sent 165392.2, received 136741.6 debug1: Exit status 127 Connection closed