I would like to know if it is possible to make raspberry pi work as an Ethernet switch?
@jsotala. Thank you for the advice. Basically I am not considering using the readily made switch from the market since it is no applicable to what I ma trying to do. What I ma trying to create is an automation test tool for mobile device. One of the requirement is to disable the charge of the mobile device. I know that I can do this via Raspberry pi, (connecting the raspberry pi to the mobile device and then issue a shutdown command) but shutting down the raspberry bi will also shutdown the capability of the sending commands to the mobile device. So I am trying to check if it is possible to make raspberry device as a switch. Basically, I am trying to check if the below are feasible:
- Test Automation tool is connected to Raspberry PI
- Wifi router is also connected to Raspberry PI
- Mobile device / Android Device is connected to Raspberry PI
- If test requires power testing, Test Automation tool will control the android device through raspberry pi.
- If test does not require power testing, raspberry pi will cut the usb connection/power connection to the android device, then it will connect to the Wifi router so that test automation command will be send via WIFI router
Please see the image below: