I am trying to share a folder from Windows 10, and mount on my Raspberry Pi 3. These are the steps I followed.
- Changed the permissions of a folder in windows, to give it full access to everyone.
- Created a new user in that Windows system with username=BB, password=123.
- Updated and upgraded Pi, and then installed samba, samba-common-bin, cifs-utils.
- Connected Pi to Windows using ethernet cable, through a static IP.
- Wrote the following line in fstab.
//169.254.168.190/Documents /home/pi/testbuy cifs username=BB,password=123,uid=1002,iocharset=utf8,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,vers=2.0 0 0
Executed the command
sudo mount -a
But I am getting permission denied error, tried all the versions, and tried to change add sec parameters. None of them worked.