What I want to do?
- Cast using the miracast icon from my iPhone to RPI which is connected with HDMI to TV.
- Mirror Screen to do the same thing.
Problems I have encountered:
- RaspberryCast 3.0 (Using browser, url casting): works, but I can't do much with it since I'm trying to cast video's from an app out of the app store to the tv. There are no URL's of the video's provided.
- Kodi: doesn't let me cast video, only audio using airplay.
- AirPlay Receiver (shairport): doesn't let me cast video, only audio
- LazyCast (was my best bet): I can't seem to find the device when terminal showing me a PIN. I can't figure out where to fill in the pin on the source device as when I press the miracast button, it doesn't find the RPI.
So basically, I'm trying to do the same trick as a chromecast but using an iPhone. I understand that android users have it much more simple. Is it just impossible what I'm trying? Or am I doing things wrong?