I just bought an Raspberry Pi Zero unit that came with Vilros utils. I get within the package a 16gb SD-Card that was pre installed with NOOBS.
When I received the package, I looked inside the SD-Card and saw a lot of files that didn't mean really anything to me.
I tried to plug the Pi zero unit with the SD-Card and power cable. Once started, I saw a window on my screen that asked to install the raspbian. I plugged a mouse and a keyboard which didn't had any effect or worked on the raspberry pi zero. I used Vilros USB-Hub which i connected the mouse and keyboard to.
So, I decided to install the Raspberry Pi Zero unit with burning the image with the Etcher tool. Once I did it and connected the Pi Zero to power and HDMI cable I saw a black screen.
Note - when I plug the SD-Card to my laptop I'm receiving messages from windows that the SD-Card is split to partitions.
Well, after a long reading I would like to ask:
- Are the partitions necessary on the SD-Card for the raspberry pi units?
- What were the files I saw on the SD-Card when I first plugged it?
- How can I continue from the point I am to install the raspbian image?
- Is there any significant difference between normal and NOOBS installation only from the part that NOOBS is a easier installation?
- Is there a reason why the mouse/keyboards haven't worked?
I tried searching relative subjects to my scenario but I'm pretty a beginner in terms of working with Raspberry pi units.
If something is not understandable from written I'm sorry and I will try to explain myself if needed.
Thanks heads up :)