I want to make my Raspberry Pi 3 B+ a media & torrent box.
In addition, I don't want to connect it to the TV - so I want the media to be shared via SAMBA or similar, control the pi through SSH and use torrent client like Deluge that can be remote controlled.
I know this is a common question but I encounter a lot of problems so I decided to share.
In general, my problems are:
- LibreELEC - Can't install Deluge. I tried Transmission but I encounter a problem running it.
- Raspbian / OSMC - I couln't mount the HDD as Read+Write and couldn't share the media to my TV.
- Ubuntu - it seems like Ubuntu is yet to be deployed for PI 3 B+
- My client computer running on Windows.
- I will consume the media using Kodi installed on my TV.
- I managed to share the media to my TV but Transmission didn't work.
- I found that there could be another unofficial torrent clients that I haven't try yet, Mainly because I found that LibreELEC could not be fully controlled by SSH / Browser (apt-get is disabled, can't manage add-ons by browser and more).
- First, I couldn't found the pi by its hostname and try to fix that from here without any success.
- Furthermore, I installed miniDLNA but I couldn't found the Media from my TV (but, weird, I found it from my local Windows machine).
- About the external HDD, I tried to mount with -rw flag but without success. From
dmesgI found that there was a problem with my HDD:
"volume is dirty run chkdsk and mount on windows"
Edit: I found an answer to all my questions.
Does anyone managed to achieve something similar and can, at least, recommend a suitable OS for the mission? I'm jumping from one OS to another and I surely missed some potential solutions.