I am trying to set up Raspberry Pi model 3b+ as a router. I am using Raspbian stretch and installed kate as my code editor. Then I noticed when using kate with sudo, the text and menu is smaller than without using sudo.
So I started 2 instance of kate, one with sudo and the other without sudo
- The left one is started normally (from start menu at left top)
- The right one is started with
sudo -b kate.
- Both have the same monitor resolution (1360x768)
- Even if I zoom out on the normal kate to make the text smaller, the menu size is still larger than the one started with
This strange behavior makes me wonder, so I have several questions:
- Can someone explain why the text size and menu size (or app resolution) is different when starting kate with/without sudo?
- Is it possible to make kate start with smaller text (as if started using
sudo) by default?
- Does this behavior applies to (some) other applications?
- Is it possible to make other apps smaller too? Because IMO some apps also have large text.
UPDATE: Now I have changed both font size to 9pt and I still notice menu text are larger and the one with sudo displays 6 more lines. I still don't know what causes this behavior, but changing font size to 9 is good enough for me.