I hear "futuristic" crackling nosies that are very familiar from movies.
Not sure if it's coming from the pi or the power supply... the same sound is coming from BOTH the power supply and the pi. I swtiched to using a long usb cable to test. Even more interestingly, two different power supply have a different quality to the crackling sound (one is more "grainy, with longer pauses at random times") and each pi seems to have the same type of sound as it's power supply.
What are those nosies and are they indicative of power inefficiencies/issues?
- My Pi Zero W sometimes shuts down unexpectedly
- Also, worried about "Undervoltage detected!" kernel messages, yet that's probably unrelated
I'm using USB-A Addon Board V1.1 USB Connector Expansion Board For Raspberry Pi Zero v1.1 - maybe there is an arc at the connector...removed Addon from my setup, nothing changed
- My power supply is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01385COIE
- Input: 100-24V 5060Hz 0.3A
- Output: 5V DC 2.4A
- It has 2 USB slots and I'm using both to power 2 pis - one slot is labeled "For Cell Phone only" and the other "For Cell Phone and Tablet"