trying to install libre office from the Preference menu.
I found the software and downloaded it but it requires a password.
Where do i get the password from?
That is strange, I have been downloading recommended software every time I installed a new Raspbian version. But I have never been asked to give any password.
Some days ago I installed Raspbian stretch version 2019 April 08, but surprisingly and sadly could not find the LibreOffice which used to be there. So I need to download this "recommended software" but not preinstalled in the fullist image!
I am a GUI guy, so I used the desktop to do the job, as briefly summarized below:
- Click Rpi logo/icon at the top right corner >
- Preferences >
- Recommended software (not Add/Remove software!, see Note 1 below) >
- Updated package date, please wait >
- Recommended software list (abount 20 packages, including LibreOffice)
- Tick what you wish to install, but do NOT untick what you still want! Otherwise will be removed >
- Clink OK, will see "Downloading xxx, please wait" >
- Back to desktop, should find the LibreOffice icon etc
The picture below showed the 3 big steps I followed.
If you install software using "add/remove software", then you might be asked to give a password. This is the password you entered when installing the OS. If you did not change the default, then it is"raspberry".