I can't see any files whose names are composed entirely of Chinese characters on my Raspbmc menus. If there is a mixutre of Chinese and ASCII characters, I can see only the ASCII characters in the file name. I've searched but I can't find any information about how to enable Chinese language support.
Display XBMC Menus in Chinese
To make XBMC display Chinese characters correctly, you will need to install fonts and change several settings.
- Go to XBMC.org and download the font: DejaVuSans+DriodSansFallback.ttf;
- Change the file name to arial.ttf;
- Go to (your XBMC installation folder)/XBMC/media/Fonts/. For example, it may be C:/Program Files/XBMC/media/Fonts/;
- There should be a file already called arial.ttf. Change the file name to something like arial-original in case you will need it later on;
- Now copy and paste your downloaded arial.ttf to the Fonts folder;
- Go to XBMC – Home – System – Settings – Appearance;
- Under Skin – Fonts, click the up/down arrow to change the setting to “Arial based”;
- Under International – Language, click the up/down arrow to select Chinese (Simple);
- Under International – Character Set, click the up/down arrow to select Chinese Simplified (GBK);
- Your XBMC should now be displaying Chinese characters properly;
This worked for me but I changed the font directory to